Sunday, December 30, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to my Steel Guitar Passion blog. I am a pedal steel guitar player and student of the instrument.  I have been playing for about 3 years, starting in November of 2009. I decided to blog about my journey learning the pedal steel guitar at the urging of my girlfriend. Andrea is a scrapbooker and photographer. She has her own blog as well as Instagram and Facebook accounts. One day she started taking pics of my guitar and mixer board and posted them. She started getting a lot of questions about what kind of guitar it is? What does it sound like? and so on. From this, I decided it was time to set up a blog and introduce people to this wonderful instrument and how beautiful it sounds. I will make posts describing the details of this instrument, my experience buying a pedal steel guitar and considerations, thoughts on learning this guitar,my learning experiences, and eventually I will post Youtube videos of songs I describe that I have learned. It is my desire to infect as many of you as possible with the love and passion I have for this guitar. I will be developing posts that bring me up to date before I go live with this blog. Check out my archive for articles that interest you. If you have questions shoot me an email or better yet share a comment. PLease let me know if information presented is not accurate and I will make corrections. If you need more information ask and I will research it. I am not presenting myself as an expert, rather just a student of the pedal steel guitar with a passion for it. Thanks for taking the time to read.



For my next blog I will provide a personal history.
Note: I changed my settings to allow any and all to post comments on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment