Saturday, January 26, 2013

Software Tools

Christmas was awesome this year. I received Tabledit and Amazing Slowdowner and I will describe these tools.

Amazing Slowdowner

With Amazing Slowdowner you can take an audio file and slow it down 20% to 200% without losing the pitch. The audio file forats supported are MP3, AIFF, AAC/MP4 and wave files. M4P files from iTunes store are supported by Amazing Slow downer version 3.0.5 and up. Amazing Slow Downer also allows you to change the pitch in semi tones at full speed or at changed speeds. It also allows you to change pitch in cents or 1/100th of a semi tone. I have loaded songs from a CD and also from iTunes. I briefly experimented with this software and I found it to be easy to use, intuitive without needing to read the instructions or help files. Of course some of the features I will need to read up on. This software is available for Windows, Mac, iPad/iPhone and they are working on a version for the Android. I recommend this software.

Tabledit

Tabledit allows you to enter tablature and it will generate sheet music with notes. It will also do the reverse, enter notes and generate tablature. It is designed to work for any stringed instrument. Of course my interest is primarily with the pedal steel guitar. I have not figured out yet how to do bends and am reading the manual. I have found that the program allows to use the notation I am use to using. I can assign A, B, C, D, F or user defined letters on specific strings. You can also control how many steps the string is raised or lowered. It places the pedal/lever movement to the right of the fret number for the string in question.

I have added links for both of these sites. As I learn more, I will share with you what I learn. I think this is a cool program but I have a lot to learn.

Well I have caught you up to where I am at right now in January of 2013. I have finished up on learning The Last Date. I still need to relearn The Old Rugged Cross and Amazing Grace which I will do as I move on to my next song. So far this week  have practiced 8 hours and have scheduled at least 3 hours for today. In my next post I will cover in more detail than my journey posts on what I am working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment