Tuesday, February 5, 2013

C6 Kansas City continued

Tonight I had another lesson. Continued with learning Kansas City and I started learning bar slanting on the C6 neck which is a little different than on the E9 neck. I am still having a little difficulty with picking patterns when they are not the standard 3-4-5, 4-5-6, 5-6-8, 6-8-10 groups even though I have been working with it for two weeks. I tried vibrato with what I have learned so far. I did not care for the sound so left it out. I played around with slides at different points and got more of a Hawaiian sound. Think I will keep it. I am liking the C6 neck a lot. Perhaps it is the time I have spent on the E9 neck as long as I have. I also spent a few minutes on the violin as well as practiced an hour when I got home from my lesson.

I have also located a 65 twin reverb in excellent condition. Not the reissue! I will be buying this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment