Saturday, April 13, 2013

C6 Kansas City Continued

Now this is the last post I was working on before I went missing for a month. I debated on whether I would delete it or not and decided not to delete rather post it. It shows some of the lapses in memory as when I came back to the guitar what I was working on. I guess I should read my own posts/journals so I pick up where I left off. Lesson learned.

Ok, I went to my lesson last night and my instructor and I had a conversation about forgetting songs. He told me that playing on the E9 neck will get boring after a while to which I cannot agree or disagree since it is the only neck I have played on till I started on Kansas City on the C6 neck. I can say that what I have learned and what I hear on the C6 neck is awesome. The next point my instructor made with me is that forgetting songs is not a bad thing as we will come back to them later and re-learn the songs I forget. Now, this I have experienced first hand as I have posted on this before. I have noticed when I forget a song and come back to it later and re-learn it, I play the song much better than I did before. I think it is even possible that forgetting the song and coming back to it later has made a more significant improvement than if I had not forgot the song. Perhaps it is the fact that even if I forget songs it is my technique that is improving. So, I am yielding to this concept and not worrying about remembering songs -- for now.

Now as far as this lesson is concerned, I learned more of Kansas City and also focused on what else? Exactly, palm harmonics. We moved around the fret board using palm harmonics slides and volume swells. We also worked on some reverse rolls as well. Forward rolls I have down, however, reverse rolls are not as good as I want and I have to admit I do not practice reverse rolls as much. That will need to change and I need to start including them in my practice routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment