Friday, April 12, 2013

Tabledit

Ok, ok, I know I promised more on Tabledit and I have finally some of my experiences to share.

I am one of those men that never asks for directions when lost nor do I read instruction manuals until I get frustrated. So is the way with Tabledit. I finally got frustrated enough I started looking at the manual  and was able to find what I was looking for. Surprise! Right?

When you first launch Tabledit, it is in guitar mode so you have to change it for Pedal Steel Guitar. This is accomplished by going to The menus across the top and choose Score and then Instrument.








This will take you to the Instrument Dialog Box shown below. It will default to the Module tab. 



Next, you will select the Tuning Tab and you will see the dialog box below. In the center you see PSG E9 Chromatic (which I already changed) with the up/down selection arrows. 



Select the arrows and you can see all the instruments supported by Tabledit. For our purposes we are interested in the PSG E9 Chromatic and PSG C6. Select the PSG E9 chromatic and select ok.





Now you can look at the main window on the left side you will see all 10 strings with the pitch for each string listed. Pretty cool.



Now when I enter the first few notes of Steel Guitar Rag with hammer on and slides, tabledit inserts the notes in the Treble Clef for me! The result is below albeit not exactly correct yet, but you get the idea.



Another thing I found you can do with tabledit that I have not played with yet is that you can import a MIDI file of a song and tabledit will transpose it into tablature. I will be using my Presonus Mixer/recorder to try this out in the coming weeks. 

As always let me know what you think. any comments or suggestions are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment