Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Journey Countinuing April 2013

Now that I am taking lessons 6 days a week my schedule is full! I have finished learning Walking After Midnight and have returned to Kansas City believing I had forgotten the song. To my surprise, while I had forgotten the song, when y instructor gave me the first couple of chords I remembered a few bars which in turn jarred my memory for a few more bars. I then took a break and went back and played Walking After Midnight from start to finish. I then went back to Kansas City and played what I remembered of the song. In my opinion my taking lessons 6 days a week is helping greatly. My instructor is taking the approach of teaching me songs that teach me the techniques I need for the C6 neck. Also, he is taking one lesson per week to focus strictly on technique. For now he is having me focus on precision. I am learning how to move between first and second octave quickly and be spot on the fret. At the same time I am trying to burn the pitch into my brain so I can know I am on fret by ear.

One of the problems I reported in an earlier post was my picking hand drifting south while playing. I am happy to report that I have corrected that problem! Now my right hand position is automatic and stays put even when my stress level goes up.

I am working on apostrophe about tone bars and my opinion on selecting a tone bar. I will also include a discussion on selecting picks and how to wear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment